Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gilmore Girls: 7.17 "Gilmore Girls Only"

I want to go on a road trip with the Gilmore Girls! I don't want Emily in control of my windows, but I want to go!

Lorelai is pestering Rory to go an road trip to the wedding of Barbara, the old manager of the Inn who served as a sort of surrogate mother to Lorelai after Rory was born. Rory hesitates to go at first but since Logan is continuing last week's jackassery, she decides it might be a good time to get away. Emily invites herself along and all sorts of wackiness ensues.

Zack is once again freaking out about the babies and he's asking Luke for fatherly advice in the most obnoxious manner possible. He and Lane have Luke over for dinner and ask him to be the kids' Godfather. In his usual enthusiastic manner, Luke says yes.

Logan shows up at Mia's wedding to apologize to Rory. When Rory refuses to speak with Logan, I'm a happy woman but she unfortunately breaks down and they make up. Rory, I'd like to point out a pattern. I'm an ass. I'm sorry. I'm an ass. I'm sorry. I'm an ass. I'm sorry. Logan's not so much changing. Whatever happened to nice Marty? Did they bring him back for no reason? I think Marty might have been the Gilmore Girls Brian Krackow. Logan is clearly the Jordan Catalano and that way lies heartbreak Rory.

Emily is acting like a total pill as usual but Lorelai comes to realize it is because she's jealous of the close relationship Lorelai and Rory had with Mia at a time when Emily was out of their lives. Lorelai, who is trying to come to terms with Rory heading out into the real world tells Emily that she knows it was hard for her. Emily responds to this by admitting to a crush on Will Smith and watching Pursuit of Happyness with Lorelai and Rory. Yay for family bonding!

No comments: